Breakfast Taco, Pineapple Salsa
Bison Breakfast Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Wake up to new kind of breakfast. Instead of plain scrambled eggs, create these unforgettable spicy-sweet breakfast tacos. You have to experience bison topped with pineapple and jalapenos!
- 1 lb ground bison
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/6 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp water
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 12 corn taco shells or 6-inch corn tortillas, heated according to package
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
Ground Bison Breakfast Tacos
- Cook ground bison and onion over medium heat in a large skillet until ground bison is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in cumin, salt, coriander, cayenne pepper, and water. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Add to ground bison mixture in skillet. As the mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting for 2 minutes or until egg mixture is almost set.
- Evenly divide ground bison mixture between taco shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with Pineapple Salsa.
- Stir together pineapple, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño pepper (if using), and salt in a medium bowl. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.