Bison Red Beans and Rice
Bison Cajun Andouille Sausage with Red Beans and Rice
Sweet peppers, red beans and rice with tomatoes and onions are all our favorite things. Now imagine the perfectly spiced bison Andouille sausage and you got a bowlful of Cajun love.
- 3 bison Cajun Andouille sausages, sliced ¼” thick
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup each yellow and green pepper, medium diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 sprig thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 (12oz.) can red beans in juice
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked per package directions
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 5 dash Tobasco sauce
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Chef’s Tip: Add ½ cup baby shrimp for that Bayou experience!
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Add sliced Andouille sausages, and sauté quickly, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add sliced peppers, celery, onions, garlic, and thyme, and continue to sauté until brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, rice, tomato juice, tobasco, and cayenne, and stir well. Reduce heat to medium, and continue stirring and cooking, about 3-5 minutes. Enjoy.