High Plains Bison Dog Roll-Ups
Bison Dog Roll-Ups
An old favorite, dressed up. Here, bison dogs snuggle in cheesy honey-mustard blankets, topped with a delicate layer of corn meal.
- 4 bison dogs
- 3 tbsp yellow cornmeal
- 4 oz package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 2 sliced American cheese, halved diagonally
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the cornmeal on a baking sheet. Unroll crescent rolls and place them on top of the cornmeal.
- Spread each crescent with 1 teaspoon of honey mustard and sprinkle with 1 additional teaspoon of the cornmeal. Then top each crescent with ½ slice of cheese and place a bison dog at the wide end. Roll up the crescents around the bison dogs.
- Place roll-ups, seam sides down, on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle rolls with remaining cornmeal.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until crescents are golden.
- Combine remaining honey mustard and mayonnaise in a small bowl; serve with roll-ups.