Sirloin Bison Steak Kabobs
Bison Sirloin Steak & Vegetable Kabobs with Couscous Salad
A colorful, satisfying dish with a Middle Eastern accent. Red, green and yellow peppers add a festive touch to the savory bite-size bison sirloin steak.
- 18 oz bison sirloin steaks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cup cooked couscous, follow package directions and cool
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and diced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil + ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz container of grape tomatoes, de-stemmed
- 1 cup red, yellow and green bell peppers, diced
- ½ cup green onion, diced
- juice from one medium orange
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 12 wood skewers, soaked in water
Couscous and Vegetable Salad
- Preheat over to 400°F.
- Toss butternut squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes on a sheet pan.
- Turn squash over and add tomatoes. Continue to roast until soft and golden brown, about 20 minutes more.
- Combine prepared couscous and remaining ingredients in mixing bowl and toss. Chill for 4 hours and serve.
- Note: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Mix well before serving.
Bison Steak and Vegetable Kabobs
- Preheat grill on high for 5-10 minutes.
- Thaw and cut bison sirloin steaks into 1-inch pieces, place in bowl, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, black pepper, oregano, basil, thyme. and sea salt to make marinade. Add vegetables to marinade, and toss to coat. Assemble vegetable skewers, alternating vegetables. Continue until all vegetables are gone.
- Add bison sirloin to remaining marinade left over in the mixing bowl, and toss to coat. Assemble bison skewers with remaining skewers.
- Place vegetable skewers on the well-heated grill 2-3 minutes before adding the bison skewers. They will take longer to cook.
- Turn vegetable skewers over once, and then add bison skewers to the grill. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, turn bison skewers, and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, or until done (8-11 minutes total cooking time).