Caprese Sirloin Bow Tie Pasta
Caprese Bison Sirloin Steak with Bow Tie Pasta
Thin-sliced bison sirloin pairs beautifully with a side of farfalle, pesto, mozarella, and grape tomatoes.
- 24 oz bison top sirloin steaks
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 oz dried bow tie (farfalle) pasta
- ½ cup purchased basil pesto
- 2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup cubed fresh mozzarella
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Chopped fresh basil
- Season bison sirloin steaks with salt and pepper. Heat the 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a large heavy skillet. Cook bison sirloin steaks in hot oil for 16 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees F, turning once. Top each bison steak with 1 tablespoon of the pesto. Cover skillet and let stand for 3 minutes. Remove bison sirloin steaks from skillet and thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss the cooked pasta, the remaining pesto, the tomatoes, and mozzarella in a large bowl. Serve with the sliced bison sirloin steaks. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with basil.