Easy Grilled Skirt Steak
Easy Grilled Bison Skirt Steak
Taken from the Bison’s short plate, the skirt steak is a tender, economical bison cut. Simple seasonings like lemon zest, garlic, and red pepper flakes add a mild flavor to this grilled steak, letting bison’s natural, rich flavor speak for itself.
- 1 lb bison skirt steak
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Season the skirt steak with salt and pepper, and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add in the lemon zest, garlic, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. Seal the plastic bag, and massage ingredients into skirt steak to incorporate evenly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over charcoal, or high heat for gas grill. Remove skirt steak from refrigerator, and take out of the plastic bag to place on a plate. Remove any large chunks of garlic. Let skirt steak sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Place skirt steak on hot grill and cook for about 5 minutes, until meat releases easily from the grill. Flip meat over, and cook for another 5 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer meat to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice across the grain into thin strips.