Grilled Bison Ribeye
Grilled Bison Ribeye
This recipe adds the bite of Pico de Gallo to the rich char of one of the finest bison cuts. An exclusive recipe from Chef Michael Kornick that includes his Mexican-style grilled corn.
- 4 (12 oz) boneless bison ribeye steaks
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup minced fresh thyme
- 1/8 cup minced fresh oregano
- 2 cup medium diced (⅓ inch x ⅓ inch x ⅓ inch) vine ripened heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tbsp finely diced (⅛ inch x ⅛ inch x ⅛ inch) jalapeno pepper with seed and pit
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- .5 bunch cilantro (reserve a few sprigs for garnish)
- .5 cup medium diced (¼ inch x ¼ inch x ¼ inch) red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 4 ears sweet corn, husk on
- .5 cup heavy mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Queso Fresco
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp spiced salt
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 4 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fine sea salt
- Combine garlic, herbs and oil in a large mixing bowl (big enough to hold steaks).
- Add steaks, coat evenly on all sides.
- Place in a shallow dish, cover and refrigerate until ready to cook (minimum of 1 hour, maximum of 12).
- Grill over high heat. Move meat 45 degrees, once or twice on each side, to cook evenly.
- Note: ribeye should be well charred to render fat and increase “grill” character or flavor.
- To serve, place steak on plate with corn, top steak with Pico de Gallo.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro sprigs.
Pico de Gallo
- In a mixing bowl, combine diced vegetables, garlic and cilantro.
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper and ½ lime juice, mix well. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Add more lime, salt, or pepper to taste.
- Reserve at room temperature.
- Soak corn (husk on) in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Grill over medium heat, turning frequently (about 12-15 minutes, or until you can gently squeeze the kernels).
- Peel husk back and keep on for a handle.
- Brush kernels with mayonnaise, and sprinkle with spiced salt, parsley and cheese.
- Serve while hot!
- Combine ingredients
- Note: This will keep for months.