Herb Garden Marinade
Herb Garden Savory Marinade
Fresh summer herbs make this earthy fragrant marinade, which adds a zesty touch of tenderness.
- 2 1/4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place steaks in one layer in a shallow baking dish, or in sealable food storage bags.
- Pour marinade over steaks evenly to ensure the surface is covered.
- Cover the casserole tightly with plastic wrap, or seal food storage bags.
- Place on the middle rack of the refrigerator. If you are using food storage bags, lay them flat on the rack.
- Halfway through the marinating process, turn the steaks over in the casserole dish, or turn over the food storage bags to ensure both sides of the steaks have equal exposure to the marinade.
- To cook, remove steaks from marinade, and place on a clean plate.
- To ensure your food safety, discard all of the marinade. Do not save or reuse it.