High Plains Bison Hickory Sausage and Potato Skillet
Hickory Bison Sausage and Potato Skillet
These hickory smoked High Plains Bison sausages combined with tender baby potatoes make dinner a breeze.
Servings: 4 people
For the Potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb baby potatoes halved
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
Bison Sausage and Peppers
- 6 Banana or Anaheim peppers deseeded and cut in 1 inch strips
- 1 Bell pepper cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 Medium white onion quartered
- 6 Garlic cloves smashed
- 1 package High Plains Bison Hickory Smoked Sausage each sausage cut on diagonal into 3 pieces
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh cracked black pepper
- Fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Prepare a large pot full of cold water, add baby potatoes to the water. Bring the pot to a boil over high heat, add ¼ cup of salt, and turn down to a gentle simmer. Cook until potatoes are fork-tender; about 12 minutes. Drain potatoes and set aside to cool. Cut potatoes in half.
- Heat a 12” skillet over medium heat until hot, add 1 tbsp olive oil and swirl the pan to coat it evenly. Add the cut sausages. Cook, occasionally stirring until sausages are lightly browned. With tongs, transfer links to a bowl and set aside—return pan to medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan. Add potatoes cut side down. Allow them to cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Add ¼ tsp kosher salt to them. Transfer potatoes to the same bowl as sausages. Return pan to medium-high heat.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan. Add garlic and cook on low for 1 minute. Add the cut onions and peppers. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Cook, occasionally stirring until lightly caramelized; about 5-7 minutes. Add ¼ cup of water to deglaze, making sure to scrape the pan of all the tasty caramelized bits.
- Return the sausages and potatoes to the pan and stir to combine. Cook until potatoes and sausages are heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and stir in to combine. Serve immediately.