Honey Mustard Bison Sirloin
Honey Mustard Bison Sirloin Tip Roast
A juicy sirloin tip roast with a fragrant honey mustard herb crust. Quick to assemble and roast, this recipe yields a savory au jus that is delicious poured over buttermilk mashed potatoes. Pair with a cold dark beer and enjoy a taste of heaven.
- 2 lb bison sirloin tip roast (fresh or fully thawed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of paprika, and salt and pepper for searing
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard for spice crust
- 1 cup honey mustard for spice crust
- 10 cloves of finely chopped garlic for spice crust
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh sage for spice crust
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh oregano for spice crust
- 1 tsp cracked black peppercorns for spice crust
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Heat olive oil on stovetop in a heavy bottom pan on medium high.
- Dust the roast with paprika, and salt and pepper.
- Sear the roast on both sides to seal juices.
- Transfer roast to lightly oiled grill inside a roasting pan.
- Pour 1 cup of water into bottom of pan.
- Mix the spice crust ingredients together, and spread over the top of the roast.
- Cover the pan and roast until internal temperature reaches 140°F (medium rare).
- Remove the roast to a cutting board, and tent loosely with foil for 10 minutes to let the juices settle.
- Deglaze roasting pan with ½ cup red wine, add 1 ½ cup broth, and thicken with roux to make au jus or gravy.