Raspberry Glazed Meatballs
Raspberry Rosemary Glazed Bison Meatballs
An entrée with a unique blend of sweet and savory. Fresh rosemary and raspberry compliment the rich bison perfectly. The red and green garnish makes a lovely addition to a seasonal holiday table.
- 2 lb ground bison
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Fresh raspberries and sprigs of rosemary to garnish 6-8 servings
- Sea salt and coarse ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp ground basil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, add ground bison, egg, onion, parsley, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, basil, and Worcestershire sauce, and mix well with your hands. Form into walnut sized balls, and place on an oiled cookie tray, careful not to overcrowd and let the meatballs touch.
- Bake in oven 15 minutes.
- Makes about 32 meatballs.
Raspberry Rosemary Glaze
- Heat a large nonstick pan to medium high. Add olive oil and chopped rosemary, and stir for two minutes to release the flavors.
- Add jam, mustard, vinegar, and wine to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, and whisk constantly to create a smooth texture.
- Keep stirring until the mixture is reduced to a syrupy consistency.
- Carefully place the cooked meatballs in the pan, and stir to coat with the glaze.
- Gently cook until meatballs are heated through.
- Spoon onto serving plates, and garnish with fresh raspberries and sprigs of rosemary.