Roasted Bison Filet Mignon
Roasted Bison Filet Mignon With Tomato Cream Sauce
Fresh, flavorful and packed with spices, this recipe makes a perfect dinner party centerpiece. Guests will love the juicy seared filets with a rich creamy tomato sauce.
- 4 (6oz.) bison filet mignon
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Granulated garlic
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (7.25oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
Roasted Filet Mignon
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a 12-inch heavy skillet (preferably cast-iron), heat 1½ tablespoons oil over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Sear half of steaks until browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a shallow baking pan. Sear remaining steaks in remaining 1½ tablespoons oil in same manner.
- When steaks are just cool enough to handle, sprinkle with garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast steaks in middle of oven, 8 minutes for medium-rare. Turn oven down to 350°F. Transfer steaks to platter and keep warm.
Tomato Cream Sauce
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté.
- Add tomatoes, cream, red peppers, and crushed red pepper, and simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in ½ cup basil, and simmer 1 minute longer.
- Serve tomato cream sauce over bison filets.