Bison Filet, Scampi, and Alfredo
Seared Bison Filet Mignon with Shrimp Scampi, Fettuccine and Alfredo Sauce
The creamy richness of shrimp scampi pairs succulent seafood with our thick, juicy bison filet. The flavor is in the sauce – all you’ll need is a glass of your favorite white wine!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt for bison filet mignon
- 1/2 tsp dried rubbed sage
- 4 (6oz.) bison filet mignon
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb peeled and de-veined large shrimp
- 4 large garlic cloves, left unpeeled and forced through a garlic press
- 1/2 tsp dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt for sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 tbsp butter
- 3/4 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Bring 6 to 8 quarts of salted water to a boil while cooking bison steaks.
Bison Filet Mignon
- Mix oil, pepper, salt, and sage in a small bowl. Rub oil mixture all over bison tenderloins, place in large baking dish, and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bison steaks, and cook until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of steak registers 135°F for medium-rare, turning steaks occasionally. Remove steaks from skillet, place on a platter, and keep warm.
Shrimp Scampi and Fettuccine with Alfredo Sauce
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Sauté shrimp, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes, and transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add garlic to remaining oil in skillet, along with red pepper flakes, wine, whipping cream, salt, and pepper, and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, and stir in shrimp. Remove skillet from heat.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain pasta in a colander.
- Toss pasta well with shrimp mixture and parsley in large bowl.