Sister Jackie’s Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Sister Jackie's Bourbon BBQ Sauce
A simple blend of ingredients that result in a wonderfully sweet, mouthwatering smoky BBQ sauce. Adds authentic southern flavor to any cut of meat.
- 2 cup Heinz ketchup
- 1/2 cup mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely diced
- Combine all ingredients in heavy large saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to simmer, and cook uncovered until sauce thickens and flavors blend, stirring frequently, about 1 hour.
- The sauce can be made one week ahead. Cover and chill.